Can I give my money to a specific program within PEACE?
Yes. Whether you are passionate about animals, female empowerment, education, or
respecting our earth – we want you to donate to whatever cause touches your heart.
However, PEACE is based on a holistic approach, and it’s important for all of PEACE’s
programs to stay strong in order to serve the community as a whole. Through donating to
PEACE as an entity, you are allowing us to use the money where it is needed most.
How far is PEACE’s reach?
Programs are run from headquarters in Punta de Mita, but touch communities as far south
as Puerto Vallarta, El Careyes, and Oaxaca; north to San Blas; and as far inland as Tepic.
How much money is spent on overhead?
15% on administrative costs and 1% on marketing combine to a total of 16% of PEACE’s
annual spending, or $67,780.48 USD out of a total operating budget of $423,628 USD.
What is PEACE’s relationship with the Punta de Mita Foundation?
PEACE applies to the Punta de Mita Foundation for grants.
The mission of the Punta de Mita Foundation and that of PEACE are fundamentally different, and time, effort, and money are spent according to our distinctive missions and goals.
Can I donate materials?
Although this is an exciting, fun way to make a donation, we do not recommend it unless
the items were purchased within Mexico. Expensive airline baggage, unreliable mail
systems, and difficult custom restrictions often make donations more work than what they
are worth. We also want to support local business here in Mexico.
Please refer to costs of specific items on our wish list and we will purchase them in your name and issue you a tax deductible receipt. THANK YOU!
Please do let us know when and where you donate so that we can effectively track the donation. It is important to us that we know where our donations come from. For more information regarding PEACE‘s financial history, please refer to our annual report.
Again, thank you for your generous contribution and for helping us finance change!